[chandler-users] Re: Call for feedback on Chandler demo movies

Chris Haumesser ch at awry.ws
Fri Aug 24 14:29:36 PDT 2007

Hi Mimi,

Great job on the videos.  They do an excellent job of demonstrating how
smooth the Chandler workflow has become.

The "louder" versions of all the videos are definitely better.  Both
Navigation videos have a lot of whitenoise in the background, making
your voice harder to understand.  I didn't notice it as much in the others.

I was surprised at the size of the videos (I chose to download them for
offline viewing).  Do you plan to offer a flash version and/or post on
youtube?

> 1. Does the current ordering make sense?
> + Navigation-FS
> + Smorgasbord-QE
> + Stamping
> + Triage-Ticklers
> + Share-Hub

I think it does, yes.

> 2. Do you prefer the demos with or without background music? You can
> compare Exp_Smorgasbord-QE.mov with No_Music_Smorgasbord-QE.mov)

I like having music, but I think the tracks here are a little too
percussive, as they tend to cover up your voice.

> 3. What portions of the demos are confusing?

I don't personally find any of the videos confusing, but I suspect they
may be too fast for some audiences.  For instance, I don't think my
parents could watch this series of videos, and then fire up Chandler and
be able to immediately replicate the magic they saw you conjuring.

It's a great demo of the workflow for a savvy user or someone with some
beginning Chandler familiarity already.  You might need to slow things
down and explain a little more for the beginner crowd.

Overall, I think the screencasts are a good idea, and these are a great
start.

-C-