[chandler-dev] Chandler blog function restored

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Wed May 27 07:04:21 PDT 2009

On 26 May, 2009, at 16:27, Jared Rhine wrote:

> On Sunday 24 May 2009 04:44:59 Graham Perrin wrote:
>> I found a cached copy of a copy of the original content of that
>> jacked
>> post...
>
> Thank you!  Awesome actually, because I was extra peeved that my post
> disappeared and I couldn't find a cached copy.
>
> I've upgraded WordPress to 2.7.1, processed the 13K spam comments
> that came in
> while the Akismet plugin was disabled (that's the spam one), and
> gotten
> something of a theme back in place.
>
> What happened to us was the Magic Include Shell, a relatively
> dangerous attack
> on Wordpress:
>
>  http://iboughtamac.com/2008/03/28/protecting-wordpress-from-magic-include-
> shell/
>
> Which describes why all our plugins got disabled.
>
> Our old theme doesn't work out of the box, so the blog isn't pretty
> or just
> like it was, but at least it is back to being secured.

Yay: Thanks, Jared.

I also noticed there were a couple of failing cron jobs that were
trying to update desktop.chandlerproject.org and
cosmo.chandlerproject.org from the blog.

It turns out they were using curl to pull data out of atom feeds, and
were now failing because those links were being redirected. I added -L
to the curl command lines, and they now seem to be working.

--Grant