[chandler-dev] Building Chandler 2 on Windows without Visual Studio (Grant Baillie)

Robbie MacKay rjmackay at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:37:43 PDT 2009

Hey Grant,

There appears to be something odd going on with the dependencies, in
particular those with a required revision like: AddOns==dev,>=0.7dev-r2409
I see they get built but I get errors about the .svn/entries format and the
folder is created as r0 (ie addons-0.7dev_r0-py2.5.egg).
I found if I renamed these manually to the required revision then the
install worked.

Also - there appear to be issues with the Twisted and Zope installs using
the Chandler1 makefile - I had to manually download
Twisted-8.2.0-py2.5-win32.egg and zope.interface-3.3.0b2-py2.5-win32.egg
from http://builds.osafoundation.org/external/ before 'make archives' would
complete.

Is that enough info for you to go on? I can get the full error outputs but
I'll have to make clean and then run the builds/installs again I think.

Robbie MacKay