[chandler-dev] Chandler Hub Java/404 mysteries: are things headless-ready?

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Thu Aug 20 18:13:02 PDT 2009

On 20 Aug, 2009, at 10:26, Graham Perrin wrote:

>> … something goes wrong in Java land ...
>>

> A long shot: which of the servers for Chandler Hub are headless?
>
> <http://www.diigo.com/06wdn> for highlights from
> <http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/Desktop/headless/
> >.
>
> <http://www.nabble.com/file/p15360975/
> headlessmodewithouttherbi3.png> oddity
> at top left, and non-Chanlder context <http://pastie.textmate.org/590036
> >,
> remind me how things can look on a Mac OS X when things in Java land
> are not
> prepared for headless mode.

I don't really understand the hub code or config well enough to be
sure, but I believe this isn't happening (no evidence of java
HeadlessExceptions, so far as I can tell). Also, I think this kind of
problem is more common on Mac OS X than on linux servers, where
virtual displays, etc, are commonplace.

The only thing I noticed from the logs is that the problem started to
happen on July 24, a day after some kind of package update, where a
lot of apache-related packages got installed/upgraded. I have no idea
whether this is at all relevant :o.

--Grant