[Chandler-dev] Design Review of New Subscribe/Share/Download experience

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Tue May 6 16:48:08 PDT 2008


Agreed 0.15 should just go out the door asap.

I think it'd be good to count on 2 rounds of visual polish. A couple  
of days for each. You and Jeffrey should decide when you think it'd  
be most productive to do that.

Mimi

On May 6, 2008, at 4:02 PM, Travis Vachon wrote:

> Hi Mimi
>
> Yeah, definitely, depending on what you mean by next release cycle.  
> If you mean 0.15, I don't think so, as I'd like to only push code  
> and test fixes at this point. It most definitely makes sense to  
> spend a day or two just reviewing and iterating on visual polish,  
> probably over the phone with the help of a live testing server. Bug  
> 11854 is probably a good place to coordinate all of that, and we  
> may want to wait until the code deliverables for 1.0 are in before  
> we start.
>
> -Travis
>
> On May 6, 2008, at 3:31 PM, Mimi Yin wrote:
>
>> Hi Travis,
>>
>> Would it make sense to dedicate some part of this next release  
>> cycle to overall visual polish? I think it's more efficient if  
>> you, Jeffrey and I can iterate on polish rather than me trying to  
>> specify everything ahead of time. I'm also happy to tweak the css  
>> myself (assuming it's in a state where the likelihood of me  
>> messing up code is low ;)
>>
>> I've updated the bug with a laundry list of visual polish issues  
>> to consider:
>> https://bugzilla.osafoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11854
>>
>> Mimi
>>
>> On May 6, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Travis Vachon wrote:
>>
>>> --===============0823537369==
>>> Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple- 
>>> Mail-1--134223400
>>>
>>>
>>> --Apple-Mail-1--134223400
>>> Content-Type: text/plain;
>>> 	charset=US-ASCII;
>>> 	format=flowed;
>>> 	delsp=yes
>>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>>
>>> Hi Mimi
>>>
>>> These all sound doable and desirable for 1.0, but not vital  
>>> enough to
>>> interrupt the test/release cycle for 0.15, so I'm going to add  
>>> them to
>>> bug 11854.
>>>
>>> Thanks again for the feedback.
>>>
>>> Travis
>>>
>>> On May 6, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Mimi Yin wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Travis,
>>>>
>>>> I think we're really close with the sidebars. The dialogs looks
>>>> great. Just a few final tweaks to the sidebar itself ;)
>>>>
>>>> For Logged-in View
>>>> 1. I didn't notice yesterday, but the Collection Name has a 1 pixel
>>>> border all around it which creates a weird optical illusion on the
>>>> left side. Can we get rid of the top and left borders and just keep
>>>> the 1 pixel bottom border?
>>>> 2. The grey matte seems to be 1 pixel shy of filling out the  
>>>> sidebar
>>>> on the right side.
>>>> 3. Subscribe with... has a big margin above it. It should be 15
>>>> pixels.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> For Ticket View
>>>> 1. The Collection Name and Add to my account... should be left-
>>>> aligned with the text/buttons below. It's a few pixels too far over
>>>> to the left right now.
>>>> 2. Add to my account... feels anemic below the new bigger  
>>>> Collection
>>>> Name. Can we make it bold like the links in the upper right-hand?
>>>> 3. Add to my account... floats a big between the Collection Name  
>>>> and
>>>> the divider. Can we bring it closer to the collection name so
>>>> they're more clearly grouped.
>>>>
>>>> 4. The divider is too close to Add to my account... There should be
>>>> 5 pixel bottom margin?
>>>> 5. The divider also feels anemic given the heft of the stuff on
>>>> either side of it. Can we fatten it up to 3 pixels tall and make  
>>>> the
>>>> same grey as the top border of the sidebar? #CCCCCC
>>>> 6. Currently, the divider appears to be 1 pixel shy of the right
>>>> border. It should go all the way across.
>>>>
>>>> 7. I think Subscribe with... is too close to the divider in the
>>>> ticket view. It should be 15 pixels.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> For both Logged-in and Ticket Views
>>>> 1. Can we bring the [Chandler Desktop] button about 4 pixels closer
>>>> to the words Subscribe with...
>>>>
>>>> Thanks!
>>>> Mimi
>>>>
>>>> <cosmo_sidebar_logged_in.png>
>>>> <cosmo_sidebar_ticket.png>
>>>> <cosmo_sidebar_current.png>
>>>
>>>
>>> --Apple-Mail-1--134223400
>>> Content-Type: text/html;
>>> 	charset=US-ASCII
>>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
>>>
>>> <html><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode:  
>>> space; =
>>> -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Hi =
>>> Mimi<div><br></div><div>These all sound doable and desirable for  
>>> 1.0, =
>>> but not vital enough to interrupt the test/release cycle for  
>>> 0.15, so =
>>> I'm going to add them to bug 11854.</div><div><br></ 
>>> div><div>Thanks =
>>> again for the =
>>> feedback.</div><div><br></div><div>Travis</ 
>>> div><div><br><div><html>On =
>>> May 6, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Mimi Yin wrote:</html><br =
>>> class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div =
>>> style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
>>> -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
>>> break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
>>> after-white-space; "><div><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
>>> -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
>>> "><div>Hi Travis,</div><div><br></div><div>I think we're really  
>>> close =
>>> with the sidebars. The dialogs looks great. Just a few final  
>>> tweaks to =
>>> the sidebar itself ;)</div><div><br></div><div><b>For Logged-in =
>>> View</b></div><div><div>1. I didn't notice yesterday, but the  
>>> Collection =
>>> Name has a 1 pixel border all around it which creates a weird  
>>> optical =
>>> illusion on the left side. Can we get rid of the top and left  
>>> borders =
>>> and just keep the 1 pixel bottom border?</div><div>2. The grey  
>>> matte =
>>> seems to be 1 pixel shy of filling out the sidebar on the right =
>>> side.</div></div><div>3.&nbsp;<b>S</b><b>ubscribe with...</ 
>>> b>&nbsp;has a =
>>> big margin above it. It should be 15 =
>>> pixels.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><b>For Ticket =
>>> View</b></div><div>1. The Collection Name and <b>Add to my  
>>> account... =
>>> </b>should be left-aligned with the text/buttons below. It's a few =
>>> pixels too far over to the left right now.</ 
>>> div><div>2.&nbsp;<b>Add to =
>>> my account...</b>&nbsp;feels anemic below the new bigger  
>>> Collection =
>>> Name. Can we make it bold like the links in the upper =
>>> right-hand?</div><div>3.&nbsp;<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
>>> style=3D"font-weight: bold; ">Add to my account...&nbsp;</ 
>>> span>floats a =
>>> big between the Collection Name and the divider. Can we bring it  
>>> closer =
>>> to the collection name so they're more clearly =
>>> grouped.</div><div><br></div><div>4. The divider is too close =
>>> to&nbsp;<b>Add to my account...&nbsp;</b>There should be 5 pixel  
>>> bottom =
>>> margin?</div><div>5. The divider also feels anemic given the heft  
>>> of the =
>>> stuff on either side of it. Can we fatten it up to 3 pixels tall  
>>> and =
>>> make the same grey as the top border of the =
>>> sidebar?&nbsp;<b>#CCCCCC</b></div><div>6. Currently, the divider  
>>> appears =
>>> to be 1 pixel shy of the right border. It should go all the way =
>>> across.</div><div><br></div><div>7. I think&nbsp;<b>Subscribe =
>>> with...&nbsp;</b>is too close to the divider in the ticket view.  
>>> It =
>>> should be 15 pixels.</div><div><br></div><div><br></ 
>>> div><div><b>For both =
>>> Logged-in and Ticket Views</b></div><div>1. Can we bring =
>>> the&nbsp;<b>[Chandler Desktop]</b>&nbsp;button about 4 pixels  
>>> closer to =
>>> the words&nbsp;<b>Subscribe =
>>> with...</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div>Thanks!</ 
>>> div><div>Mimi</div><d=
>>> iv><br></div></div></div></ 
>>> div><span>&lt;cosmo_sidebar_logged_in.png></spa=
>>> n></div><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode:  
>>> space; =
>>> -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
>>> break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
>>> after-white-space; "><div><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
>>> -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
>>> "><div></div></div></div></ 
>>> div><span>&lt;cosmo_sidebar_ticket.png></span><=
>>> /div><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode:  
>>> space; =
>>> -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
>>> break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
>>> after-white-space; "><div><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
>>> -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
>>> "><div></div></div></div></ 
>>> div><span>&lt;cosmo_sidebar_current.png></span>=
>>> </div><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode:  
>>> space; =
>>> -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
>>> break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
>>> after-white-space; "><div><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
>>> -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
>>> "><div></div></div></div></div></div></blockquote></div><br></ 
>>> div></body><=
>>> /html>=
>>>
>>> --Apple-Mail-1--134223400--
>>>
>>> --===============0823537369==
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>>> MIME-Version: 1.0
>>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>> Content-Disposition: inline
>>>
>>> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>>>
>>> Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
>>> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev
>>>
>>> --===============0823537369==--
>>
>
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>
> Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev



More information about the chandler-dev mailing list