[Chandler-dev] Suggestion - Raise priority of implementing VJOURNAL import/export

Andre Mueninghoff andre_mueninghoff at fastmail.fm
Tue May 6 15:05:09 PDT 2008

Hi, I'm posting this to the dev list, because I run Chandler using
builds from the svn trunk, and I am not sure what is in the current release.

As of r16384 anyway, there is this menu choice available:

File > Export > Notes and Events to .ics file

The language of the menu choice implies to me that my unstamped items
(aka Note items) will be exported to the .ics file, perhaps or probably
as VJOURNAL records.

However, this is not the case. It appears VJOURNAL export, and I assume
VJOURNAL import, are not implemented (yet). What remains implemented is
VEVENTS and VTODO.

To prevent accidental user data loss, I suggest implementing VJOURNAL
(my first choice) or changing the menu text to reflect what will happen
currently.

-Andre