[Chandler-dev] Search update

Nitin Gupta nitingupta183 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 02:39:32 PDT 2008

Hi Group,

I have referred to the Cosmo's data model in the past. I have got following
to say on the search feature.

Since Cosmo supports import of Calendar events from other applications, in
future it may be desired that Cosmo supports searching on the basis of those
fields which are not present on the Cosmo's GUI but are present in the
imported iCalendar text. For Instance, CATEGORIES iCalendar property.

In my opinion, for this to work those search attributes which are very
likely to be used by the users can be mapped to a DB column and indexed.

This shall work for those iCalendar properties which are supported on the
GUI but are handled as iCalendar clob. For Instance, STATUS iCalendar
property.

Thoughts.

Cheers,
Nitin Gupta