[Chandler-dev] Custom recurrence dialog

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Wed Jul 9 16:08:33 PDT 2008

On 9 Jul, 2008, at 15:46, Katie Capps Parlante wrote:

> One other issue to mention...
>
> In iCal, if you create an event on Sunday and custom-weekly-recur Tu/
> Th, the original Sunday event will remain. In Chandler, that first
> event disappears (as it doesn't conform to the rule). Both apps
> create essentially the same rule and both apps are consistent in
> their application of the rule (i.e. if you import the iCal event
> Chandler will display no "Sunday" event).
>
> I assume this is known and mostly harmless, but thought I'd bring it
> up.

Yes, Nick had mentioned that in the bug report, and I'd meant to
mention it. I believe that iCal.app is expanding the event as required
by the ICalendar spec, but dateutil.rrule, which we're using, doesn't
include that start date. I'm not sure how hard this would be to fix --
of course, it would happen today with events imported from iCal.app
(or other calendar apps, I guess).

--Grant