[Chandler-dev] Pared down Desktop UI - Part 1
mimi at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 1 17:51:39 PST 2008
We've talked a lot in the past few months about paring down the user
interface to lighten up and reduce the number of concepts new users
need to understand. Here is a first proposal for addressing some of
these ramp up issues.
1. New App Bar: All, Starred, Calendar
+ Removed Mail
+ Turned Tasks into Starred
+ Updated the All-Sun icon to red so that it's different from the
2. Remove New, Reply, Reply All, Forward buttons
3. Add Reply, Reply All, Forward to the Item menu as a separate
section under the stamping menu items
4. Rename Triage button to Clean up.
5. Move quick entry field to the middle between Sync and Cleanup and
Send/Update on the right. Nice to have: Fudge it so that OOTB, the
Clean up button is above the Triage Status column and the Send/Update
button is left-aligned with the Detail View.
6. Dashboard collection icon stays the same across all 3 app areas
and is replaced with an actual dashboard icon.
7. Task stamp is now Star stamp. (I will be posting a blog entry to
explain the motivation behind this shortly.) This means the following:
+ Task column header changes to Star column header
+ Task column icon changes to Stars
+ Markup bar Task icon changes to Star
+ Help string, Tooltip and (Context) Menu text changes to:
- Star this item
- Remove star
All of the artwork is ready to go.
-------------- next part --------------
Skipped content of type multipart/appledouble
More information about the chandler-dev