[chandler-dev] chandler2 and vobject

Jos Yule lists at theorganization.net
Mon Dec 8 06:27:58 PST 2008

I just did a quick re-read of the vobject python lib and a look at the
vCal and vCard specs.

It seems that most, if not all, the typical PIM items would fit into a
vobject.

My only "worry" is that it may be too restrictive to allow for
un-thought of expansions. I almost hate to bring this up, as i'd rather
see something done, which works now, then spiral into a complex
discussion about could-have-beens. However, lets say, taking an example
from an early Chandler 0.x plugin, you wanted to include photos in your
Chandler collection - is this still going to be possible with the 2.x
branch? How would using vobject as the "native" type for Chandler
objects affect this kind of addition?

I really like the simplicity of using vobject - its a great library, and
makes for simple sharing with other vCal/vCard subscribers/publishers.

I guess that's not really an answer in there, just more questions! Sorry!

Jos Yule
Digital Hyakugei