[chandler-dev] Upcoming build changes for Ubuntu

Jared Rhine jared at wordzoo.com
Tue Dec 2 19:07:30 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 21:23 +1300, Paul Dorman wrote:
> Hey this is good news! Thank you for your efforts. Is the package
> going to be monolithic or fully linked with system packages?

Somewhere in between.  There continues to be minor progress towards
using distro packages wherever possible.  We pulled the Java dependency
out, but major packages like wx still remain forked.  Lots of little
packages (parsedatetime, vobject, etc) could easily use distro packages,
but the build still assumes they are needed.

It'll take quite a while before Chandler (1) reaches "fully linked"
status.  Chandler v2 will probably be better in this regard.

-- Jared