[Chandler-dev] Simplifying the menus: Bug 12318
mimi at osafoundation.org
Fri Aug 29 15:51:06 PDT 2008
Does this look right?
Jeffrey is currently working on simplying the menus.
What he has done:
1. Rename the Tools --> Debug
2. Move the Plug-ins menu into the Debug menu
3. In the Debug menu, remove features that are currently unsupported
(meaning untested with known bugs we don't have immediate plans for
fixing). We get a steady trickle of user support questions for these
features ranging from confusion to crashes. In their current form,
they don't meet the bar for 1.0 feature and we should remove them
until we are ready to fully support them.
- Start Webserver (there is keyboard shortcut, so it will still be
accessible if needed).
- Save and Restore
- Select View
- Save Search Results
So the new Debug menu will look like:
- Automatically Reload from Backup
- Check for Test Updates
There are also a few minor terminology and capitalization fixes:
- Debug>>Sharing>>Add Sharing Activity Log to Sidebar (currently it
is Add sharing activity log to sidebar)
- Debug>>Check for Test Updates (currently it is Check For Test Updates
- Debug>>Automatically Reload from Backup (currently it is
Automatically Restore from Backup)
- Debug>>Automatically Reload from Backup>>Next Reload (currently it
is Next Restore)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the chandler-dev