[Chandler-dev] Feature Suggestion, Project Notes

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Tue Aug 26 15:25:39 PDT 2008

Hi Andrew,

I think your use case is one that many others would identify with!
We've discussed various ways to help people manage small groupings of
tasks together (aka projects), but your approach is new.

How important do you think it is to see the project notes in the same
view as the item notes? Or is the most important thing, the ability
to attach project notes to a group of tasks? I ask because there is
already limited space in the detail view, but I can also imagine a
few different ways to work around this issue.

Workflow wise, I imagine that people will often start out with a one-
line task that over time turns into a project. So there would need to
be a way to elevate tasks to become projects.

But overall, the kind of functionality you're proposing would make a
great addition to the product!

Best,
Mimi