[Chandler-dev] Chandler on OpenSUSE - part four

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Sat Aug 9 22:11:48 PDT 2008

I have openSUSE 11 installed as VMWare guest, but based on what I am
seeing I am wondrering if my version of VMWare is not compatible with
this version of openSUSE. I just did a full build from the Chandler 1.0
svn tag, and while all m2crypto unit tests pass, Chandler fails to
start. The app crashes while the splash is still up. Looking at the
hs_err_pidXXXX.log file that gets generated, I see that the application
was died (si_signo=SIGILL, si_code=2 ILL_ILLOPN) in PEM_read_bio_X509.
If I comment out the certificate loading code in certstore/data.py, the
app comes up but dies immediately with PEM_write_bio_x509.

--
  Heikki Toivonen - http://heikkitoivonen.net