[Chandler-dev] Chandler on OpenSUSE - part four

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Sun Aug 3 09:54:57 PDT 2008

Hi Sebastian,

I am the M2Crypto maintainer.

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> On Sonntag 03 August 2008, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/M2Crypto/__m2crypto.so:
> undefined symbol: EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size

Uh, I've never heard of experiencing that before. 1 minute of searching
didn't find solutions either, although others seem to have seen
"undefined symbol: EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size".

> python-m2crypto-0.18.2-0.pm.1 (from opensuse)

Do you know what version of swig was m2crypto compiled with, and against
which openssl version?
There were a bunch of API changes in OpenSSL 0.9.7 series, but I can't
remember if there were any in 0.9.8. If things don't work otherwise, you
might want to compile m2crypto yourself to make sure m2crypto matches
the openssl version.

> python-openssl-0.6-103 (from opensuse)

This shouldn't actually be needed.

> openssl-0.9.8e-45 (from opensuse)

Wow, insane patch level.

I don't have opensuse 11 installed anywhere, so it would take me a while
to get that installed...

--
  Heikki Toivonen