[Chandler-dev] Wing 3.0 update

D John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Wed Oct 24 16:10:48 PDT 2007

Hi Everybody

I finally updated all the Wing project files for the latest version
and checked them in.

There remains a lingering bug in Wing on Windows which causes
Chandler to crash when open the project file and run. This appears to
be the same problem Brian Stearns reported some time ago.
Unfortunately, even after I installed the fix that Brian got from the
Wing developers for the problem, it still fails for me. (and Jeffrey
too, but not Dan). I've recently discovered a workaround for the
problem -- set Edit > Preferences > Debugger > Exceptions set Report
Exceptions to "Immediately if Appears to be Unhandled". This was the
default for the previous version of wing and has the annoying side-
effect that you have to ignore the exceptions the first time you run
Chandler.

The new project files should work no matter where you install your
Chandler directory, as long as you keep them in your Chandler
directory. This wasn't possible on Windows in the last version of Wing.

If you have a custom project that adds something useful, let me know
and I'll add it the the project files I checkin and maintain.
Finally, if Chandler doesn't run using any of the project files let
me know and I'll see if I can fix the problem.

John

P.S. If you use the new project files I recommend that you delete
your .wpu files to avoid any incompatibilities