[Chandler-dev] Proposals for new Tinderboxes

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Mon Oct 22 18:05:42 PDT 2007

bear wrote:
> Heikki Toivonen wrote:
>> We haven't been able to provide a satisfactory answer to this problem
>> since we split into external/, internal/ and chandler/, so I am not so
>> sure it would be a simple fix.
>
> The reason it breaks now is because the external process does an install
> step that puts the generated tarball into the Chandler's download
> directory.  What I am imagining is that the external build place the
> tarballs into a directory named something like external_downloads and
> runs all of the Chandler tests pointing CHANDLERARCHIVES at that
> directory.  This will test the new tarball.
>
> When the next step (the new one that also would run Functional Tests)
> runs, it would remove the CHANDLERARCHIVES def and that would pull then
> from the stable downloads directory.

I don't see how this would help. Any chandler/ tests run with
external_downloads/ would risk failure if there was an API change. This
is what we used to have when we originally moved to the externa/ vs
chandler/ build system, but changed to current system after complaints.

Pulling anything from the stable downloads directory means that the new
code in external is not tested.

--
  Heikki Toivonen