[Chandler-dev] Branch tinderbox setup for recorded scripts

D John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Mon Oct 22 15:05:18 PDT 2007


On Oct 22, 2007, at 12:36 PM, Dan Steinicke wrote:

> I think we need to fix the bug of the tests not really running when  
> started from the command line before we can expect to get any valid  
> results from the tinderboxes.

I already checked in a fix for this -- and I don't think any of these  
errors below could be explained by that problem.
>
> Dan
>
> D John Anderson wrote:
>> Hi Bear:
>>
>> I'm having trouble figuring out what's up with the recorded  
>> scripts tinderbox.
>>
>> If I go to http://builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/Chandler_rs/ 
>> status.html
>>
>> I only see rs-iosx and rs-win, shouldn't there also be a linux  
>> somewhere?
>>
>> Also, until my last checkin nothing is shown under rs-win
>>
>> Looking at the log I'm confused about what this means:
>>
>> <http://builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/tbox/gunzip.cgi? 
>> tree=Chandler_rs&full-log=1193071113.16513#err1>End of Log File  
>> <http://builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/tbox/gunzip.cgi? 
>> tree=Chandler_rs&full-log=1193071113.16513#EOF>warning:  
>> install_lib: ´build/lib´ does not exist -- no Python modules to  
>> install
>> warning: install_lib: ´build/lib´ does not exist -- no Python  
>> modules to install <http://builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/tbox/ 
>> gunzip.cgi?tree=Chandler_rs&full-log=1193071113.16513#err2>
>> Can´t copy Python to /Users/builder/rs_build/ 
>> Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev-r15558/Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev- 
>> r15558.app/Contents/Resources/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ 
>> Versions/2.5: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ´/Users/builder/ 
>> rs_build/Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev-r15558/ 
>> Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev-r15558.app/Contents/Resources/ 
>> Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Python´ <http:// 
>> builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/tbox/gunzip.cgi? 
>> tree=Chandler_rs&full-log=1193071113.16513#err3>
>> Can´t copy libpython2.5.a to /Users/builder/rs_build/ 
>> Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev-r15558/Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev- 
>> r15558.app/Contents/Resources/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ 
>> Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/config: [Errno 17] File exists <http:// 
>> builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/tbox/gunzip.cgi? 
>> tree=Chandler_rs&full-log=1193071113.16513#err4>
>> Can´t copy readline.so to /Users/builder/rs_build/ 
>> Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev-r15558/Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev- 
>> r15558.app/Contents/Resources/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ 
>> Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload: [Errno 13] Permission  
>> denied: ´/Users/builder/rs_build/Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev- 
>> r15558/Chandler_iosx_debug_0.7.2.dev-r15558.app/Contents/Resources/ 
>> Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib- 
>> dynload/readline.so´ <http://builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/ 
>> tbox/gunzip.cgi?tree=Chandler_rs&full-log=1193071113.16513#err5>
>> Can´t copy Python to /Users/builder/rs_build/ 
>> Chandler_iosx_0.7.2.dev-r15558/Chandler_iosx_0.7.2.dev-r15558.app/ 
>> Contents/Resources/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/ 
>> 2.5: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ´/Users/builder/rs_build/ 
>> Chandler_iosx_0.7.2.dev-r15558/Chandler_iosx_0.7.2.dev-r15558.app/ 
>> Contents/Resources/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/ 
>> 2.5/Python´ <http://builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/tbox/ 
>> gunzip.cgi?tree=Chandler_rs&full-log=1193071113.16513#err6>
>> Can´t copy libpython2.5.a to /Users/builder/rs_build/ 
>> Chandler_iosx_0.7.2.dev-r15558/Chandler_iosx_0.7.2.dev-r15558.app/ 
>> Contents/Resources/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/ 
>> 2.5/lib/python2.5/config: [Errno 17] File exists <http:// 
>> builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/tbox/gunzip.cgi? 
>> tree=Chandler_rs&full-log=1193071113.16513#err7>
>>
>> Finally, I'm not sure why I get:
>>
>> wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "n < theCount" failed  
>> at ../src/mac/carbon/display.cpp(155) in CreateDisplay()
>>
>> If I remember correctly this assert comes from wxWidgets  
>> complaining that there isn't a display attached to the machine  
>> running the tests. I don't understand why this failure doesn't  
>> happen in our other tinderboxes.
>>
>> Finally I see a checkin for rae. I'm pretty sure that checkin  
>> isn't in the recorded_scripts branch.
>>
>> John
>>
>> P.S. Oh, one last thing I always forget to mention: I don't get  
>> email notifications when I commit to the wx repository.
>>
>> On Oct 18, 2007, at 7:25 PM, bear wrote:
>>
>>> Heikki Toivonen wrote:
>>>> (Moving discussion to dev with bear's permission.)
>>>> Mike Taylor wrote:
>>>>> I have a windows, linux and intel-osx tbox running for the  
>>>>> branch - you
>>>>> can view the status here:
>>>>>
>>>>> http://builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/Chandler_Branches/ 
>>>>> status.html
>>>> This seems wrong. Previously we had a Tinderbox page *per  
>>>> branch*. This
>>>> page referenced above seems to indicate we'd have a single  
>>>> master tbox
>>>> page for all branches. That wouldn't be very helpful. For example,
>>>> suppose we now started tboxes for multiweek branch as well. We'd  
>>>> have 6
>>>> machines, 3 for rs, 3 for multiweek, and the checkins column on  
>>>> the left
>>>> showing checkins for *all* branches, even those that don't have  
>>>> tboxes
>>>> running. That just seems to create confusion for branch developers.
>>>> I recommend that we return to the system we used in the past,  
>>>> where each
>>>> branch gets its own Tbox page. It should show information  
>>>> relevant to
>>>> that branch only.
>>>
>>> I have revised my plan to take into account Heikki's point - the  
>>> recorded scripts tinderboxes are now  being reported here:
>>>
>>>   http://builds.osafoundation.org/tinderbox/Chandler_rs/status.html
>>>
>>> I'll post when I have created other tinderboxes.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> bear
>>>
>>> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>>>
>>> Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
>>> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>> ---
>>
>> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>>
>> Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
>> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev
>>
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>
> Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev



More information about the chandler-dev mailing list