[Chandler-dev] conflict dialog strings

bear bear at code-bear.com
Mon Oct 22 13:43:29 PDT 2007

Reid Ellis wrote:
> Maybe I could change 'em' and '/em' to "startItalics" and "endItalics".
> The actual value for the strings currently known as "em" and "/em"
> cannot be edited (they aren't surrounded by _() - nor should they be). I
> have to embed these into the string, since the location of the
> emphasized text can move, depending on the locale. Perhaps I could use
> the names "untranslateableStartItalicsCode" and
> "untranslateableEndItalicsCode"?

If they are HTML tag names then I'm sure it can be explained in the
localization README about what they are.  They should stay the same as
HTML tags are always in english.  Changing to something else removes the
ability, IMO, of the translator switching the tag to another tag that
may be more appropriate for the locale.