[Chandler-dev] Improving the migration experience

Brian Kirsch bkirsch at osafoundation.org
Fri Oct 19 12:47:54 PDT 2007

Hi Heikki,
Another aspect of the migration experience which lends well to your
suggestion of checking previous profile dirs is the chandler.prefs file.

With my next check-in, Chandler will now have a locale switching dialog
which saves the locale the user selects in the chandler.prefs.

When migrating to a new release, this information will not currently
persist.

I can see the chandler.prefs file being leveraged more and more in
coming
releases so the data in it either needs to be included in the export
file or
copied / leveraged from the previous profile dir.

-Brian