[Chandler-dev] Network installer/launcher for Leopard

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Thu Oct 11 14:42:48 PDT 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Heikki Toivonen wrote:

> I believe you mentioned icu 3.6 is on Leopard, as it is on Ubuntu Gutsy
> Gibbon. OpenSSL is on both of these, but I've always had a hard time
> getting M2Crypto to work correctly with system python and openssl on
> Mac. Leopard has the right python, as does Gutsy (barring some of our
> bug fixes that may be needed, which would render this moot).

ICU is on leopard, but I don't know which version (the libn ames don't say)
and I couldn't find any installed header files to compile PyICU against the
system installed ICU libraries. Nor did I see a framework for it. Otherwise,
I'd have it removed from our build already. ICU is big.

> I didn't think Ubuntu came with Java installed by default.

Not yet, no. But once it's fully open source, it might be.
Until now, I believe, gcj and libgcj were installed by default.
I could be wrong about this...

Andi..