[Chandler-dev] [Sum] The Great Architecture Discussion of 2007

Philippe Bossut pbossut at osafoundation.org
Mon Oct 8 21:16:59 PDT 2007

Aparna Kadakia wrote:
> Apart from the larger goals of sustainable code base etc, this is
> specially
> important for making shorter release cycles successful without the
> unattainable effort of
> manually going thru 13 test specs and some 1200+ testcases for each
> release cycle.

This is where things sort of break apart: if I understand PJE's proposal
correctly, this is one that won't land before some time (6 months?
more?) which means that we'll have to leave through the pain of manually
testing for a while. So we can't count on this rearchitecture to ease
the short or even mid term QA pain.

Now, it's better late than never for sure. It also doesn't prevent us to
use John's script recording (despite its limitation) to ease the pain in
the meantime.

Cheers,
- Philippe