[Chandler-dev] Wing 3.0 debugs threads nicely

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Mon Oct 1 16:42:51 PDT 2007

OK, I'm revising my opinion of Wing 3.0 + Chandler down from "works
nicely" to "works kind of".  Dan and I have both independently observed
that starting Chandler without an existing repository (with --create or
when no repository exists) segfaults Chandler.

So if you make a new, clean repository outside Wing, then close Chandler
and restart with --wing, it works nicely.

The problem may be a bad interaction between Wing's thread debugging and
some thread we're spawning.  We could try adding

wingdbstub.debugger.SuspendDebug()

in threads we don't need to debug in hopes of convincing Chandler to
create a new repository successfully under Wing.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey