[Chandler-dev] Problems building external/python

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Sat May 12 09:24:51 PDT 2007

On Sat, 12 May 2007, Reid Ellis wrote:

> I was trying to set up a wx build environment and did a "make" in a clean
> checkout of chandler/external/python as per
> http://wiki.osafoundation.org/Projects/WxBuildNotes -- my env vars were good,
> so I'm pretty sure that wasn't a problem.
>
> I got this error trying to compile readline. This was on my 17" 1.6GHz PPC
> PowerBook:
> 	http://paste.lisp.org/display/41119
>
> (Both pastebin.com and pastebin.ca were giving me errors, so I used
> paste.lisp.org)
>
> ((Btw, it would be cool if we could register the #chandler IRC channel with
> paste.lisp.org -- they have a number of useful features for tying in to IRC
> channels))
>
> I'll be offline visiting in-laws sans internet until tomorrow night, but I'll
> probably be trying to build Python again (to build wx) when I get back, so
> any pointers appreciated.
>
> I'm hoping all my work today and tomorrow can be done in Python working with
> GenBitmapButton, so maybe I won't need to build wx. (/me crosses fingers).
> This is all for bug 9066 (Conflict UI: Error icon should be left-aligned with
> Created by and Title text).

HISTORY_STATE is declared in external/readline/readline-5.2/history.h.
Make sure you don't have another history.h file in the way that gets picked up
first. To find out which file is picked up added -E to the compile flags for
readline.c (best copy/paste the gcc invocation that flies by and add -E before
re-running it manually) to see the full paths of header files being included.

Andi..