[Chandler-dev] Questions about accessing history information in Repository

Morgen Sagen morgen at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 15 09:43:15 PDT 2007

On Jun 15, 2007, at 9:09 AM, Vera wrote:

> Hi Andi,
>
> I am Vera, Google Summer of Code student working on  progress
> reports functionality for Chandler. Further info about the project
> plans in their current state, please refer to http://
> chandlerproject.org/Journal/ToStartWithProposal
>
> Jeffrey recommended me to ask you about history information for
> items in the repository. Specifically, I would like to know how  to
> access:
> 1) deleted items
> 2) the set of all the modifications that happen to an item
> 3) at what triage status an item was created
>
> I am new to Chandler, so some code examples, if possible, would be
> great to start working on these things.  Can you help me with these?

Coincidentally I recently added a "history" feature to Chandler's
built in repository-browsing servlet so a developer can examine the
changes an item's values have gone through over time.  To see it in
action, fire up Chandler, click on the item you are interested in
(either in the List view or Calendar view) then hit the F4 key.  This
will start Chandler's internal webserver and launch your default web
browser to a page that gives details on the selected item.  Near the
top of that page you will find a link named "Show history" which will
display a table of changes and the repository version number at which
those changes took place.

This history information is computed from the module chandler/util/
inspector.py which is based on some of Andi's repository code.

~morgen