[Chandler-dev] Re: instructions for dogfooders

Andre Mueninghoff andre_mueninghoff at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 2 19:40:31 PST 2007

Hi,

I would vote for a single end-users list for the Chandler/Cosmo
next-gen-PIM, the functionally integrated ecosystem.

Also, in reply to a question posed by Philippe on this topic, I would
agree that functionally, to me, a user forum and a user email list (with
a searchable archive as currently provided by OSAF) is essentially the
same thing. One distinction may be that some users may prefer an
feed-type notices of changes rather than email notices.

I must add a big thank-you to Katie for so skillfully summarizing my
points with far fewer words, and a thank you to all for considering the
suggestion of a user email list.

Happy New Year OSAF!
Andre

PS I think I have found finally a way to reproduce reliably the Index
out of Range error with IMAP email I have been seeing for quite awhile.
I will now file that bug requested by Brian Kirsch. I didn't want to
file it until I could reproduce it consistently.

(Off-topic: that C version of the element utility thing (r12777) flies!
9 collections with 172 total event items restored from osaf.us in
approx. 1/3 the time in previous builds.)