[Cosmo-dev] Re: [Chandler-dev] Re: [chandler-users] osaf.us updated to Cosmo 0.6.0

Randy Letness randy at osafoundation.org
Wed Feb 28 11:36:15 PST 2007

Morgen Sagen wrote:
> If you are having trouble restore your collections on osaf.us, the
> quickest workaround is to edit your .ini file and change all the
> "/cosmo/home/" to "/cosmo/dav/" paths, then try the .ini restore
> again.  Andre, using this method I was able to restore all your
> collections except for the Andre_Cal one, which has a problematic .ics
> file that the Cosmo team is looking into.

And I found the problem with the problematic .ics file.  The problem is
that the original .ics in 0.5 had a CATEGORIES property like:

CATEGORIES:A,\,,\\,\,,\,,\\,\\,\,,B

Not sure why there are multiple '\', but when this is parsed by Cosmo
and migrated to 0.6 it gets stored as:

CATEGORIES:A,\,\,\,B

Then when the event is loaded and parsed and output the result is:

CATEGORIES:A,B

This is why the content-length doesn't match.  It seems the problem is
in parsing a CATEGORIES property value.  Ical4j does not like escaped
text in the category list.  This will most likely require changes to the
ical4j code.  I don't think that many events are affected, but there is
definitely an issue with CATEGORIES when there is escaped text in the value.

-Randy