[Chandler-dev] Yet another proposal for Chandler plugins

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Feb 15 11:56:26 PST 2007

At 10:46 AM 2/15/2007 -0800, Jared Rhine wrote:
>Andi Vajda wrote:
>>   1. Instead of shipping plugins, we should use cheeseshop for publishing
>>      plugins:
>>                   http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi
>
>The resources I checked on the cheeseshop have download URLs from
>cheeseshop itself.  Can (like homepages), downloads be directed to our sites?

Yes; this is done by specifying a download_url in the plugin's setup.py;
the page referenced there must have direct download links that easy_install
can parse, if we want to support automated installation at some future time.

>   If not, what sort of metrics about metrics does cheeseshop provide?

Raw download counts.  See e.g. the links on this page:

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/wsgiref

Note the "# downloads" column on the far right.  I understand that this
statistic is updated daily, not in real time.