[Chandler-dev] Yet another proposal for Chandler plugins

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 14 09:05:05 PST 2007

At 10:19 PM 2/13/2007 -0800, Davor Cubranic wrote:
>Tinkering is easier, in my opinion, when you can just 'cd' to the
>directory with plugins and view them directly with your editor. Packaging
>them in eggs adds that extra layer of work that makes it a little more
>difficult to have a peek at the source when I want to.

Andi's proposal means that each plugin will have a page with a tarball link
to download its source code for experimenting.  Also, it would be trivial
to include in each README file a link to that plugin's SVN tree, which
means that browsing the source is just a click away.

Arguably, having access to all this directly from Chandler's UI means it's
*more* discoverable and accessible, not less.  It also means that when
third parties create plugins and upload them, they will be equally
discoverable and accessible to anyone who has Chandler installed.