[Chandler-dev] Dump and Reload next actions

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Tue Feb 13 22:28:56 PST 2007

Sheila Mooney wrote:
> + Tease out actual work items and identify who is doing what

I noted these items from the meeting:

+ Serialization format. For sharing, this is eimml -- we need a format
optimized for writing to disk. Bear volunteered to work on this. PJE
will help Bear with the design.

+ EIM tables and translators for data-to-be-dumped that is not already
covered in the sharing work. This includes both the table specification,
as well as the translator hooks for setting everything up in the UI once
the data is reconstituted. PJE and Morgen are available to help, but we
thought it would be a good idea to spread this work around so that more
people understand it. Mimi and Sheila will follow up on the design list
with questions about what information gets dumped and what doesn't. This
list might not yet be complete.
    - Shares (Morgen)
    - Accounts (Brian Kirsch)
    - Collection membership/sidebar (John)
    - Preferences (oops, don't have an owner for this yet)

+ Code that drives the dump/restore. Morgen will own this. Morgen, are
you getting the menu items for manual dump/restore tools as well?

+ Startup/installer code. This is the code that executes the older
headless Chandler to "dump" the data, and the code to "reload" into the
new Chandler. Bear will own this. (A more detailed description of how
this will work, as discussed in the meeting, would be welcome!)

Speak up if we have other work unaccounted for.

Cheers,
Katie