[Chandler-dev] Yet another proposal for Chandler plugins

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Feb 13 16:57:39 PST 2007

At 04:33 PM 2/13/2007 -0800, Ted Leung wrote:
>So while README's are good,
>they aren't nearly enough.

Yes, I'm just saying that this doesn't seem to me to interfere or compete
with Andi's proposal.  Andi has uses for the functionality and the
willingness+ability to develop it -- which is not really the case for what
you're proposing, IIUC.

At least having README's and buildable plugins goes a good way towards
having examples that others can tinker with.  Improved ability to tinker
(e.g. the menu proposal) is also helpful.  Arguably, good tinkering support
is at least as important as reference documentation and tutorials, which we
already have several of.

Obviously, all documentation can always be improved, but in terms of
rounding out what we have, Andi's proposal does help to fill out one of the
weaker spots.