[Chandler-dev] Sorted subindex...not sorted properly - Rebuilding index...installed on value...

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Mon Feb 12 11:17:02 PST 2007

Hi Andi,

> I'm not exactly sure what this dialog does and what the side-effects of
> its use are both in the UI view and the view doing the syncing.
>
> It's most likely a merge bug and I don't think blocking the UI is a good
> idea either.

Here's what the dialog's doing.  All this happens in the UI view, in
osaf.pim.calendar.TimeZone:

1. Changes the local timezone, if asked to, which reindexes existing
floating events
2. Sets tzprefs.showUI to True, an observer then calls convertFloatingEvents
3. convertFloatingEvents iterates over unshared floating events,
changing their startTime to be in the local timezone

This should move these events (if they aren't anyTime or allDay) out of
the osaf.pim floatingEvents collection.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey