[Chandler-dev] Sorted subindex...not sorted properly - Rebuilding index...installed on value...

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Mon Feb 12 10:21:43 PST 2007

Hi Andi,

> I suspect that the asynchronicity of the timezone dialog (the one that
> pops up the first time you encounter an event with a timezone) is
> causing strange interactions.

I suppose we could delay the timezone change until after all merges are
complete, I'm not sure exactly how we'd queue the change request and
fire it once merge was done, but that seems doable.

If we did that, could we be sure a timezone change would never happen
during a background sync?  It would be annoying to go to turn on
timezones and then have the UI block until the current background sync
completed, it would also be annoying to turn on timezones and not see
the results of that until auto-sync finishes.

Ideally, from my perspective, we'd treat this as an indexing bug and
view the timezone change as a way to test the repository more intensively.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey