[Chandler-dev] Sorted subindex...not sorted properly - Rebuilding index...installed on value...

Andre Mueninghoff andre_mueninghoff at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 11 18:43:57 PST 2007

Hi Andi, Hi Bryan,

Wanted to give you an update on my efforts. Although I've seen a fair
odd things, regrettably, I have had great difficulty in concocting a
reliably reproducible trigger and effect. It seems to me that, at least,
there is some issue at the intersection of floating events and having
timezones turned on. For a bit, it seemed I was near being able to
reproduce this type of error:

Lengths of index '__adhoc__' (198) installed on value
'MethodFilteredSet((UUID('4JDtF2VVx7rcKfD2ipHpY3'), 'set'),
(UUID('4JFSeGVVx7rcLdD2ipHpY3'), 'isFloatingEvent'),
('osaf.pim.calendar.EventStamp.allDay',
'osaf.pim.calendar.EventStamp.any
Time', 'osaf.pim.calendar.EventStamp.startTime'))' (197) of type <class
'repository.item.Sets.MethodFilteredSet'> in attribute 'set' on
<FilteredCollection: floatingEvents
4b69d8ea-b9e6-11db-cbce-9c2499ad9f03> don't match

but it stopped. For a few times, when I restored a particular one of my
personal collections from Cosmo, check and repair would show the above
error once only, and only if I turned on timezones when prompted by the
restore published shares function. I believe I was close to being to
reproduce the error with a new collection and new events essentially by
changing an all-day recurring event to a timed recurring event. It
seemed that if I had timezones turned on, and at least one other timed
event set to the timezone (Eastern) being displayed in the calendar
view, then check and repair frequently would show the above error. When
check and repair showed the above error, Cosmo was unable to display the
events for a week that contained one of these recurring events. However,
I was not able to generate the error consistently. Too much back and
forth to the server or something, I suppose. I was going to log a bug
with the personal collection where I first saw the error, checked it one
more time, and now it is checking successfully without issue so I did
not file a bug yet. I tested primarily with r13131 and r13133 on WinXP.
At one point, after trying to change an all-day recurring event to a
timed event, I observed the item revert to a single all-day event with
the end date being changed to one day prior to the start date. Odd, but
difficult to reproduce behavior.

I'll keep trying,
Andre

--