[Chandler-dev] Re: [Cosmo-dev] Recurrence modifications, filters, and diffs

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 9 18:19:45 PST 2007

On 2/9/07, Jeffrey Harris <jeffrey at osafoundation.org> wrote:
> Brian and I decided it was time for faster back and forth, so we moved
> this conversation to IRC, a transcript is:
>
> http://wiki.osafoundation.org/script/getIrcTranscript.cgi?date=20070209&channel=cosmo&startTime=1548&endTime=1700

and then we talked about it lots more, and boiled it all down to this:

there are really three states for a modification attribute:

* has a value: <noteMod:reminderTime>thevalue</noteMod:reminderTime>
* has no value (None in python, null in java): <noteMod:reminderTime />
* is "missing": <noteMod:reminderTime eim:missing="true" />

only modification attributes can be "missing". this state tells
chandler and the cosmo ui that the attribute should be inherited from
the master item. it tells cosmo to copy the attribute value from the
master when exporting the modification to icalendar for caldav.

alarms on event modifications can also be "missing".

the challenge for cosmo in 0.6.1 is how to persist this "missing" state.