[Chandler-dev] how to maintain multiple Chandler repositories

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Thu Feb 8 19:04:13 PST 2007

A question that comes up on a regular basis is:
   - where is my repository ? (see [1])

Another related question that comes sometimes as well is:
   - how can I use different repositories ?

I just added support for two new menu items under Test->Repository that allow
better control of repository location:

   -> "New Repository"
   Selecting this menu item causes chandler to be setup to be restarted with
   a new repository in the location chosen in the popup

   -> "Switch Repository"
   Selecting this menu items causes chandler to be setup to be restarted with
   the selected location as the new location for your repository. If there is
   no repository at that selected location, your current repository is cloned
   into it (via backup) first.

In both cases, the current repository is not affected, only the location of
the repository to be used from the next restart is changed. The current
repository is not deleted or moved.

This new current repository location is stored in a chandler.prefs file
saved in your installation's profile directory [1]. That chandler.prefs file
may be used to override any valid Chandler command line option defaults and is
an alternative to using command line options altogether or their corresponding
environment variables.

Andi..

[1] http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Projects/ProfileDirectory