[Chandler-dev] Modification exporters

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Thu Feb 8 17:08:32 PST 2007

Hi Phillip,

Morgen and I were just discussing that we're going to need a little more
infrastructure to make modification export work smoothly.

It's possible to have a recurring event whose master is just an event,
but one of whose modifications is, say, a task.

Morgen's current plan is to have only master events passed in to the
translator for export.  The translator should then yield appropriate
modification records (if there are any).

So it seems the event_export method should have some pluggable mechanism
for generating all modifications, so if the event is recurring,
event_export can iterate over modifications and pass them off to be
checked for stamp modification record exporters.

Does this seem reasonable?

Sincerely,
Jeffrey