[Chandler-dev] Removing plugins and what else for Preview?

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Wed Feb 7 12:42:01 PST 2007

I'll also point out that the model isn't for plugins to be relegated to
a separate menu over the long term. In the short term, many of the
plugins we have will only have a "demo" level of quality.

Another advantage to not including all "demo" and "test" plugins
out-of-the-box is that we cut out testing work in the Preview timeframe.
We have a higher level of commitment to any menu items available
out-of-the-box (in the Preview timeframe).

After Preview (perhaps even very shortly after preview), we can put work
into the plugins to be more seamlessly integrated into the app. I wish
we had time to do that before Preview, but we have to stay focused on
making the core work first.

Cheers,
Katie