[Chandler-dev] Removing plugins and what else for Preview?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 7 11:48:36 PST 2007

At 10:26 AM 2/7/2007 -0800, Heikki Toivonen wrote:
>Philippe Bossut wrote:
> > The issue is the extra workload to package the tools and plug-ins. Kind
> > of tight to get that done for Preview but may be not critical to get
> > done by then (the ones who want those tools are likely devs and can sync
> > up with svn and build... I might be a little optimistic/cavalier here
> > though...).
>
>It's actually less work than you'd think, and I've offered to do it
>myself. It is just manually selecting the files and building zip files -
>not hard, and can be done in a couple of hours. It can be done after the
>Preview is out (we'll just add some links to the files later).
>
>Removing the Test and Experimental menus would be a little bit more
>work. Ideally the Experimental menu appeared automatically if there are
>any plugins.

Just an FYI, a possible way to implement this is to have the module that
provides menus expose APIs like 'getTestMenu(view)' and
'getExperimentalMenu(view)', and have them either return the existing menu
item or create it and return it.  Then, plugins which add menu items to
those menus need only use the return value as the parent, and the menus
will only be created if they are used by some plugin.