[Chandler-dev] Removing plugins and what else for Preview?

Brian Kirsch bkirsch at osafoundation.org
Wed Feb 7 11:32:04 PST 2007

Hi Heikki,
See comments inline,

On Feb 6, 2007, at 7:53 PM, Heikki Toivonen wrote:

> Katie mentioned that we plan to remove plugins from Preview. This
> prompted me to get a clarification of what exactly do we want to
> remove
> in Preview.
>
> I'd like to trim the end-user release to NOT include:
>
> projects/ directory (i.e. plugins)

The Egg-Translations plugin is required by Chandler (The I18nManager
inherits from it) and can not be removed from any distribution. All
other plugins under the projects directory are not required.

One option would be to have the Egg-Translations pre-installed and
registered with Python. Thus it would live under the release
directory in site-packages allowing the removal of the projects
directory for a shipping release.