[Chandler-dev] Removing plugins and what else for Preview?

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Wed Feb 7 10:26:23 PST 2007

Philippe Bossut wrote:
> The issue is the extra workload to package the tools and plug-ins. Kind
> of tight to get that done for Preview but may be not critical to get
> done by then (the ones who want those tools are likely devs and can sync
> up with svn and build... I might be a little optimistic/cavalier here
> though...).

It's actually less work than you'd think, and I've offered to do it
myself. It is just manually selecting the files and building zip files -
not hard, and can be done in a couple of hours. It can be done after the
Preview is out (we'll just add some links to the files later).

Removing the Test and Experimental menus would be a little bit more
work. Ideally the Experimental menu appeared automatically if there are
any plugins. The test menu would also need some special handling. I'd
say this can be done in 3 days.

Changing the manifests would be a few hours of work (most of the time
would go to testing).

--
  Heikki Toivonen