[Chandler-dev] IRC QA session, Wednesday, Feb 7th 11:00 AM PST

Aparna Kadakia aparna at osafoundation.org
Tue Feb 6 18:49:49 PST 2007

Hello folks,
It's time for yet another collaborative QA session on IRC. We will be
conducting this in the #cosmo channel at 11:AM PST tomorrow (Feb 7th).
This week we will be focussing on testing data migration for Cosmo
0.6 release.

-------------------
The existing production data on our hosted service, osaf.us, has been
migrated to a staging instance, lab.osaf.us for testing purposes.
If you have existing calendars published on osaf.us, they should now
be available on lab.osaf.us with the same username/passwords.
The migrated Cosmo instance is available at: http://lab.osaf.us:4002/
cosmo/

Note: One thing that everyone should know is that in the Cosmo
Sharing Service in Chandler you need to change your path to /cosmo/
dav/<username>  from /cosmo/home/<username> as resulting from some
changes to Cosmo.

Things that can be tested in regards to migration:

- Change the Cosmo Sharing Service in the Chandler account dialog to
point to the new server(lab.osaf)
     *  Server : lab.osaf.us
cosmo/home to /cosmo/dav
     * Username : (username)
     * Password : (password)
     * Port : 4002, no SSL
     * Test the account to make sure you have access to the server.
- Go to Collection menu -> Restore Published Shares to get a list of
your calendars published on the server. Pick the calendar you wish to
restore
- This should create the calendar collection in your sidebar with all
the data.
- Validate the following:
     * the recurring events and modifications show up correctly
     * task and mail stamps on events are preserved
     * triage statuses on events are preserved
     * events show up in right timezones if enabled
- Publish a new calendar on the server lab.osaf.us from Chandler and
verify it from Cosmo UI.
- Set up a second Cosmo account in Chandler and connect to shares on
the new instance.
- Start a new Chandler profile, and sync that profile to the new
server, compare with an original Chandler still pointing at osaf.us
live.

The resolved bugs that need to be verified, it would be great if
people could help with these: http://tinyurl.com/yu7jrs

Additional docs:
- Magic url: http://wiki.osafoundation.org/Documentation/
OSAFBundleEndUserManual#Bookmarkable%20URL

Thanks,
Aparna