[Chandler-dev] Perf Improvements status

Philippe Bossut pbossut at osafoundation.org
Thu Apr 26 22:29:58 PDT 2007

Hi,

We had a Chandler Engineering Meeting this afternoon and reviewed the
status of the Performance work (see meeting notes:
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/Journal/EngineeringMeetingNotes20070426).

In short:
- we haven't achieve the acceptable perf targets for some tests (still
quite a bit of red in the matrix) so we are not considering the perf
work as completed
- we however do need to review the baseline numbers and recalibrate them
based on real user experience
- for this we decided to have a special QA session sometime next week
(date TBD) where we'll collectively review these scenarios and collate
feedback on how those feel from an end user standpoint (details like
test data set TBD). Please stay tune as we organize this. Your help will
be very much appreciated (we need as many different kinds of machines as
possible).
- some devs do not have much perf work left and will be switching to
debug mode starting Monday (I talked to all of the Apps devs this
afternoon so things should be clear there, if you are wondering where
you stand though please contact Katie or me)
- some others still need to continue on perf work for at least a week

The most important action here is to organize and held this perf
scenario testing session. This will help us get a feeling of the perf
beyond the raw numbers and refocus on the areas that really need more
work before Preview.

BTW, for this session to be efficient, we need to help Aparna create the
test data set. So please answer to the call she sent yesterday about
this subject (email titled "dump files with real data masked" on this list).

Cheers,
- Philippe