[Chandler-dev] dump files with real data masked

Aparna Kadakia aparna at osafoundation.org
Wed Apr 25 10:23:01 PDT 2007

We are now at a point in the release that we'd like to have some data
set for testing that is based on people's real data.

Thanks to Morgen, we finally have to tool that mask's off sensitive
information in people's collections before dumping it into a file.
It is available under (Tools -> Save and Restore -> Obfuscated dump
to file..)

This tool will dump all the user data in your Chandler repository
into a dump file while obfuscating information like names, addresses,
phone numbers etc.
It has been tested and works well.

It would be great if we got more people to send us their dump files
using this new tool with no concern about privacy invasion. You can
use the following web app to submit the files:
http://repo-submit.osafoundation.org

Here are a few things to note before you use the form to submit the
files:
1. You don't need to put any bug number in the form
2. After you submit the dump file it will return you a URL to the
file. Please email the URL to me or anyone in the QA team.
2. Please tar up your dump files before submitting it for respecting
the disk space limitations on the machine.

You can do the following command to tar it up:
tar -zcf chandler.dump.tgz  chandler.dump

Aparna