[Chandler-dev] QuickEntry performance test not needed(?)

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 17 13:24:09 PDT 2007

I have a preliminary version of quick entry performance test checked in.
I tested it on my machine, and some Tinderboxes now have numbers as
well. In short, quick entry is 47% faster the first time and 63% faster
subsequent times compared to creating an event by double clicking. This
translates to something like 1.14 s first time and .90 seconds
subsequent times for quick entry on the slowest reference platform.

One major reason why it is faster is because we don't select the event
and display it in the detail view, like we do when creating an event by
double clicking.

The profile also shows that this case will get faster as we make new
event creation and triage faster. Other cases may contribute
improvements as well.

So it seems to me this test would be unnecessary, and just slow the
Tinderbox cycle time even further without adding much new information.

I therefore plan to disable this test and take it off from the 0.7
primary performance case list unless I hear objections.

--
  Heikki Toivonen