[Chandler-dev] Filing bugs vs discussion

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Mon Apr 16 19:05:09 PDT 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Heikki Toivonen wrote:

> I know you don't like bugs filed against you, so I usually try to wait
> and talk to you before filing the bug.

Not at all. I don't mind real bugs being filed against me.
What I don't like is being forced into using bugzilla as a PIM.

> If others would rather have me talk to them before filing a bug I can
> try to do that, but it does make it harder for me to keep track of
> things. Bugzilla is the way I track stuff.

If you want to use bugzilla as your PIM, that's fine, just assign the bugs you
file to yourself until you've talked to the developer. The bug can then be
invalidated or reassigned as appropriate.

Andi..