[Chandler-dev] Filing bugs vs discussion

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Mon Apr 16 18:59:03 PDT 2007

Andi Vajda wrote:
> My point was that you (or whoever files the bug) should do the checking.
> Talking to the developer instead of filing a bug is a welcome move.

I generally check the performance results for the day late in the
evening, when most people are no longer online. So I have option of
filing the bug then or possibly forgetting to talk to that developer
when we have a moment. I do this in the evening because of a shortcoming
in our reporting tools.

I know you don't like bugs filed against you, so I usually try to wait
and talk to you before filing the bug.

Personally I don't mind bugs filed against me, I just consider it same
as email (except bugzilla let's me do more).

If others would rather have me talk to them before filing a bug I can
try to do that, but it does make it harder for me to keep track of
things. Bugzilla is the way I track stuff.

--
  Heikki Toivonen