[Chandler-dev] Reload is not import

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Fri Apr 13 18:44:36 PDT 2007

Morgen Sagen wrote:
> I was just thinking about this, and it could be quite useful to be able
> to dump a given collection to a file and have another Chandler be able
> to reload it (without blowing away their repo).  So perhaps the "reload"
> menu item could ask if you want to replace your data with what is in the
> dump file, or add the data to your repo.

Ok, I can by a dump collection/reload collection menu items under
collection menu where reload would add a collection and its items to the
current repository.

However, the normal reload scenario should probably first do the
equivalent of rm -fr //userdata/* and reload the dump after that.

> RunChandler --create --reload /path/to/file.dump

I think --create would be redundant if we made reload clear everything
first.

--
  Heikki Toivonen