[Chandler-dev] checkpoint build reports

Aparna Kadakia aparna at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 10 15:36:48 PDT 2007

As you all know, we have been doing weekly checkpoint builds during
our release cycles. Typically each monday morning Bear spins a
checkpoint build and Dan runs his set of part-manual- part automated
tests on it and sends out his report. Most of this testing is
regression testing though so we make sure none of the existing
features are broken. It takes Dan a full day (and sometimes more
depending on other interruptions) to test a checkpoint build and do
the reports. Given that we are now feature complete and we probably
need more frequent source updates as bug fixes go in, we are trying
to move away from testing the weekly checkpoint builds and sending
out those long reports.

There are other reasons for that as well:
1. Spending a day of Dan's time every week on regression testing
features can be applied better at testing the variety of new features
we have in Chandler
2. We plan on having better cross-platform testing if we have
additional time
3. We would like to add more automated tests to our existing suite
4. Add more test scenarios to the test spec
etc

So unless you think the weekly checkpoint reports are extremely
useful to you, I would like for Dan to rather focus on testing the
new features in Chandler.

Let me know,
Aparna