[Chandler-dev] Thunderbird will support account settings autodiscovery for some webmail accounts

Brian Kirsch bkirsch at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 10 12:22:33 PDT 2007

+1 for Thunderbird.

This is something I have been thinking about in Chandler for some time.

I am waiting post Preview to begin reworking the Account dialogs in to
a wizard. At that point users should be able to configure Gmail,
Yahoo POP,
and other well established web clients with POP / IMAP support easily
through the UI without having to know host names, ports, security
settings etc..

-Brian

Brian Kirsch
Internationalization Architect / Mail Service Engineer
Open Source Applications Foundation
543 Howard Street 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
http://www.osafoundation.org